- building and construction materials
Waterstop on the inside and outside
Polystop waterstop are high-grade polyvinyl chloride (PVC) stabilized to provide long-term water leakage protection.
Extrusions of high-grade PVC resin that have been plasticized and stabilized to provide long-term water resistance in concrete constructions.
- Elongation and high tensile strength
- Design that is one of a kind. For excellent water sealing, a certain ribbed profile is used.
- Edge flanges include brass eyelets for tying steel reinforcements (Internal profiles)
- Weldable in the heat
- It is non-toxic. When in touch with drinkable water, this product is safe to use.
- Intersections that have been prefabricated
- Chemical resistance is outstanding.
Polystop water stops are high-grade polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin extrusions that have been plasticized and stabilized to provide long-term water leakage protection in concrete constructions. The cross-section design includes a multi-rib design for excellent grip and tenacious anchoring to the concrete, as well as a flexible, hollow center bulb to support mild concrete expansion and contraction.
Polystop water stops are made to fulfill the most exacting performance requirements and are abrasion and chemical resistant. The material is non-staining. Will not cause concrete to discolor or electrolyze.
Waterstop ECC - External Construction Connections
External construction joint water stop is used at slab-on-grade joints or on vertical walls that are backfilled. This water stop has a flat design with several ribs and fins along its flanges for improved mechanical interlock in the concrete.
External Expansion Joints - Waterstop
In concrete expansion or isolation joints, an external expansion joint water stop is employed. These have a torn web around the center bulb. When considerable motions are predicted, this type of water stop is employed. During concrete laying, a torn web keeps concrete out of the bulb. The thin tear web ruptures with joint movement, allowing considerable mechanical deformation of the central bulb without straining the material.
Place the material in a cool, shady location. UV and high-temperature protection. The product will deteriorate if it is exposed to sunlight and is exposed to a hostile environment for an extended period of time. To avoid injury, stay away from sharp edges.
SAFETY AND HEALTH
Polystop is fully non-flammable and non-hazardous.
However, extreme caution should be exercised when cutting and welding the joints. Because hydrogen chloride fumes will be generated during hot welding, the workspace should be well ventilated and the necessary PPE should be worn.
- The concrete in and around the water stop must be correctly compacted in order for the water stop to make complete contact and form a watertight seal.
- The water stops surface must be free of all debris and cement laitance that might compromise the watertight seal with the concrete.
- The distance between the water stop and the reinforcement should be at least twice as large as the aggregate's maximum size. This will prevent voids and honeycombs from forming around the water stop.
- A reinforcement should not be able to pass through the water stop if it is perforated.
- UV protection should be provided for installed water stops.
The PVC water stop will become brittle after prolonged exposure.
See the wide range of our products: https://www.birigroup.com/category/water-stop